Like the original Gold Bug, the Gold Bug-2 is designed for finding gold nuggets. The newest unit features a digital LCD display for maximum precision. It offers extraordinary sensitivity, ultra-high frequency (the highest operating frequency on the market), iron-discrimination, dust and moisture resistance, audio-boost and the ability to operate in extremely mineralized soil with a 3-position mineralization switch. Backed by Fisher’s 5-year Warranty
• THRESHOLD: Small shaft on rear of control housing, controls threshold tone.
• MODE: Three‑position toggle switch:
- IRON DISC Mode for iron discrimination.
- NORMAL Mode for normal All Metal operation.
- AUDIO BOOST Mode for hearing faint, deep targets.
• BATTERY TEST/SENSITIVITY: Dual-purpose potentiometer with switch for Audio‑Tone battery test, controls sensitivity to targets, electrical interference and ground minerals.
• GROUND REJECT: Dual-knob control used to electronically tune the electronics to ignore ground minerals. A small, single‑turn coarse adjust knob is stacked on a large, 16‑turn fine tuning control.
• VOLUME: Turns the power on and controls signal response volume.
• HEADPHONES: Jack for most mono and stereo headphones with 1/4-inch plug.
- Extreme Sensitivity to Small Gold Nuggets
- High Precision Dual-Control Ground Balance
- Iron Disc Mode for Iron & Hot Rock Rejection
- Deep Target Audio Boost
- Lightweight & Hip-Mountable
- Available with Either a 6 ½” or 10” Elliptical Search Coil
- Operating Frequency: 71 kHz
Gold Nugget Hunting